This is the Privacy Notice of VNU Exhibitions Asia Pacific Co. Ltd., established at 88 The PARQ, 4th Floor, Ratchadaphisek Rd, Khlong Toei 10110, in Bangkok, Thailand. The company is hereinafter jointly referred to as VNU Asia Pacific. References to “we”, “us” or “our” are to the relevant VNU Asia Pacific Controller processing your personal information.
As an international Exhibition and Conference Organizer that facilitates business relationships worldwide, data and information is at the heart of what we do. Hereby, we take the privacy and protection of data and information seriously. We are committed to handling the personal information of all those we as a company engage with, including customers, suppliers, colleagues or any other community we are dealing with, responsibly and in a way that meets the legal requirements defined by the Thai Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). We are aware of the importance to our clients of receiving clear, transparent information regarding how we use the information they provide us with.
Furthermore, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information our customers have given us and may, on occasion, request proof of identity before we disclose any professional information to you. Any personal information given VNU Asia Pacific will be treated with proper care and security. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that our customer’s personal information is kept secure from unauthorized access, use and disclose.
Types of Information Gathered from Data Subjects
Financial Information: Payment information gathered during the registration and build up process – including but not limited to, credit or debit card number, bank details and financial institutions. This information is highly protected by VNU Asia Pacific and not distributed to third parties under any circumstance without consent.
Professional Information: Personal contact details, such as names, e-mail addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers, educational background, professional background information, professional interests, age, nationality and residential location. Furthermore, comments, feedback, posts and other content such as responses received to questions on surveys or registration forms; communication preferences, including marketing permissions, passport details to comply with legal obligations in certain countries and to provide Visa invitation letters if requested.
Professional information may be, with provided consent, shared with affiliated organizations of VNU Asia Pacific and organizations the company cooperates with, including partner organizers, service providers, government departments, agencies and associations. Furthermore, professional information may be shared with other third parties for the purpose of facilitating business relationships, if they are in the best interest of the customers of VNU Asia Pacific.
Groups of persons concerned
- Representatives of exhibiting companies
- Professional exhibition and conference visitors (representatives of companies)
- Exhibition and conference visitors (public events without status as professional visitor)
- Exhibitors of interest (potential new customers)
- Conference Speakers
- Press and Media partners
- Job Applicants
- Contact persons of suppliers and service providers
- Other individuals with whom employees of VNU Asia Pacific maintain communications and / or business relationships
Purpose for processing and storing personal data
The purpose of processing your data corresponds to the question ‘for what purposes will the data controller use my personal data?’ and the legal basis ensures that your data is processed lawfully and in accordance with the PDPA and data protection regulations. In this regard, VNU Asia Pacific processes the data gathered for the following purposes:
- Registering to attend a Fair, exhibition, conference or activity organized by VNU Asia Pacific as a professional visitor or member of the public
- Participating in a fair or event as an Exhibitor
- Sending newsletters and marketing messages by email or equivalent means
- Showing personalized advertising in the online environment
- Participation in buyer programs and B2B matchmaking programs
- Sale of tickets to the public (internal and third-party events)
- Contacting of potential new exhibitors and visitors
- Recording of events, trade fairs and activities
- Video recording of interviews and events
- Business relationships with suppliers
- Bidding / Tendering processes with third party service providers
- Internal Recruiting
- Business relationships with media and press
Legal basis for processing of data
Depending on the type of business relationship and/or link with us, the legal basis for processing your personal data may be referred as followed:
- Your consent, given at the time of voluntarily providing your data in our online and offline forms and accepting the processing of personal data by VNU Asia Pacific
- We may process your data based on the existing contractual relationship between the parties as a result of your participation in an event organized or co-organized by VNU Asia Pacific
- The legitimate interest will serve as a legal basis for the processing of your data when browsing our websites
Transfer of data
VNU Asia Pacific can essentially transfer personal data to the following third parties:
- Companies that co-organize an event of VNU Asia Pacific
- Other companies within the VNU Group
- Foreign representations of VNU Asia Pacific (e.g. country agents)
- Internally, for purposes of internal communication, supervision, administration and for invoicing purposes
- Data processors commissioned by VNU Asia Pacific
- Service partners for accompanying services, insofar as the affected person enquires about the corresponding services from VNU Asia Pacific
- With other third parties for the purpose of facilitating business relationships, if they are in the best interest of the customers of VNU Asia Pacific (e.g. Business matchmaking).
As the receivers of personal data, these 3rd parties on their own become data processors and as such responsible for the safe keeping of the data received. In the rare case of a data breach at a 3rd party location, the 3rd party’s Data Protection Officer must take the steps mandated by the PDPA to inform the Data Subjects affected by the breach.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
VNU Asia Pacific operates under the Thailand Personal Data Protection Act that provides individuals with rights, such as:
- The right to withdraw the consent
- The right to request us to send or transfer your personal data to a third person if it can be done by automatic means and to receive your personal data from us in the format which has been sent or transferred by the Company to a third person, unless it is impossible to do so because of the technical circumstances.
- The right on confirmation of whether VNU Asia Pacific has your personal data, and if yes, the right to obtain a copy of the personal information and to know the source where your personal data given to us
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified and updated
- The right to have data erased. This does not however apply where it is necessary for VNU Asia Pacific to continue to use the data for a lawful reason
- The right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data
- The right to access and obtain your personal data
- The right to object to the use of your data.
- The right to disclose your personal data possessed with us without your consent.
VNU Asia Pacific is following these regulations strictly and enables its customers to exercise the above outlined rights.
Protection of Data
VNU Asia Pacific has adopted a strict security policy, including appropriate technical and organizational measurements, to protect your personal data against loss, abuse and unauthorized access by third parties. We apply strict access authorization, both offline and online, and our servers are regularly backed up, and our connections are secure.
Duration of data storage
We do not store the personal data for longer than is legally permitted and necessary for the related processing purposes. The storage period depends on the type of personal data, the purposes and the applicable law and therefore varies per use.
Typically, we store User’s personal data for as long as the User is using our Services or for as long as we have another purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law or necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes.
We erase personal data after the above described storage period or when the user / customer requests us to erase his/her personal data (see below).
VNU Asia Pacific wants to ensure that its customers remain in control of their personal information. Therefore, customers always have the opportunity to opt out of future marketing communications or communications from a third party to whom VNU Asia Pacific provided customer’s information.
Data Subjects who choose to opt out of VNU’s newsletters will remain in the subscriber databases marked as Unsubscribed. This is to ensure that they will not receive any communications from VNU unless they explicitly choose to manually re-subscribe.
Cookies help us understand how the site is being used and improve your user experience. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
We may apply additional visitor session information through tracking technologies on different platforms (including but not limited to websites, MailChimp) with personally identifiable information to understand and measure your online experiences and determine what products, promotions and services of VNU Asia Pacific are likely to be of interest.
Data Inquiries and Requests
Naturally, every one of our customers is at liberty to indicate purposes for which his person-related data should not be used. Should you no longer wish your data to be used for a specific purpose other than the use to perform our obligations related to your request on our products or services, VNU Asia Pacific highly encourages you to contact the responsible Data Protection Officer via the contact details above.
Updates to This Policy